- Brighton Training Group, Co-Founder & CEO, 2013 – Present
- Created Brighton’s eLearning framework called FUEL (Framework for Ultra eLearning) that is used to build online courses
- Oversaw the design, development and delivery of dozens of online courses
- Designed Brighton’s training and tracking system
- Penn State University, Lead Applications Developer, 2013 – 2014
- Technical Project Manager for 45 PSU department websites
- Lead Applications Developer responsible for converting old websites to 100% Section 508 compliant for accessibility
- Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit, Director of eLearning, 1996-2013
- Spent several years as a K-12 classroom teacher
- Worked in various roles such as: Professional Development Specialist, Federal Programs Coordinator, Curriculum Specialist, Database Designer, ColdFusion Web App Developer, Instructional Designer, Trainer, Director of eLearning
- Spent 13 years developing online professional development courses for clients such as US Department of Education, Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education, Pennsylvania Department of Education, State Museum of Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania State Education Association and more.
- Co-authored a book for the US Department of Education NCES Division on eLearning
- Presented over 25 workshops at various K-12 ed tech and curriculum related national and state conference on eLearning topics.
- Created 15 online professional development courses on technology integration topics and taught them online for 3 years to over 2,000 participants in PA.
- Wilkes University, Adjunct Professor
- Taught graduate level courses for K-12 educators on technology integration topics.
- Bloomsburg University
- Master of Science Degree in Special Education
- Elizabethtown College
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Elementary Education
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Two years of Mechanical Engineering with Aerospace Emphasis
Brighton Training Group, Child Nutrition Project Manager: 2020-Present
- Manage online course design projects
- Serve as a child and school nutrition expert
Foodservice Prepared Foods Nutritionist: 9/2018-4/2020, Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation, Greeley, CO
- Maintained a current view of USDA NSLP Nutritional Regulations.
- Consulted and assisted the marketing team to maximize product and promotional opportunities for school, healthcare, college and university, business and industry and commercial foodservice operations.
- Oversaw the nutrition application and testing for all new products.
- Led culinary initiatives and recipe development related to nutritional opportunities.
- Created and delivered curriculum for food service operators for continuing education credits.
Nutrition Programs Consultant: 11/2014 – 9/2018, Wyoming Department of Education
- Monitored and managed participants in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP), School Breakfast Program (SBP), Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP), and Afterschool Snack Care Program (ASCP).
- Conducted nutrient analyses of school menus to ensure compliance with meal pattern and dietary specification requirements.
- Organized and conducted trainings and conferences for school food service directors and employees on NSLP policy and regulations.
- Performed 21-24 NSLP administrative reviews annually to ensure compliance with USDA regulations.
- Oversaw completion of state and federal reporting requirements.Adjunct Nutrition Instructor: 9/2013 – 12/2014, Laramie County Community College, Cheyenne, WY
- Provided nutrition Instruction to online and classroom students.
- Created curricula, assignments, and tests to ensure students’ understanding and knowledge. Registered Dietitian: 1/2014-10/2014, Kindred Rehabilitation and Assisted Living Center, Cheyenne, WY
- Provided Medical Nutrition Therapy for residents to ensure adequate therapeutic diets and appropriate texture.
- Conducted meal rounds and interviewed staff and residents to ensure residents were receiving foods in the amount, type, consistency, and frequency required to maintain or improve nutritional status.
- Routinely inspected the food service area and practices for compliance with company policies, standards, procedures, and applicable state, federal, and local regulations.
- Provided in-services to Nursing Center staff on topics related to nutrition and food service.Program Coordinator, Senior: 8/2012-1/2014, Cent$ible Nutrition Program, University of WY, Laramie County Extension
- Provided nutrition and food resource management education to families and youth in accordance with federal guidelines.
- Coordinated and supervised personnel in Laramie County.
- Established partnerships with various community groups to provide programming.School Food Service Director Assistant: 5/2012-7/2012, Bremerton School District, Bremerton, WA
- Created and evaluated school lunch menus to comply with USDA guidelines.
- Assisted the Nutrition Services director in applying for and implementing various grants and programs.
- Organized ingredients, recipes, and menus for input into NutriKids menus analysis program.
Program Coordinator & Nutrition Educator: 11/2010-7/2012: Food $ense Program, WA State University, Kitsap Co. Extension
- Recruited, hired, trained, and supervised program assistant and nutrition educators.
- Created and oversaw project curricula, literature, and materials.
- Prepared and managed annual contract and budget.
- Delivered nutrition education programming to youth and adults.
- Created nutrition handouts, newsletters, and displays for low-literacy youth and adults.
Licensed Dietitian (L.D.); 2014 – 2018 Registered Dietitian (R.D.); 2012 – present
Dietetic Internship: Completed: July 2012
B.S. Dietetics: University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY
Wyoming Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
President, June 2018 President-Elect, June 2017 Secretary, 2016 – 2017 Member, 2014-present
School Nutrition Association
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics