It’s that time of year already…SFSP MAPs are due soon!
If you’re like most of the state agencies overseeing the CACFP and SFSP child nutrition programs, providing the required training is costly and time consuming.
Brighton Training Group offers an automated child nutrition training & tracking system for state education agencies like yours.View a sample SFSP lesson from Ohio Department of Education’s course
Our Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) 4 hour online course is organized into 4 lessons:
- Eligibility and Site Selection
- Meal Service Planning
Benefits of the online training & tracking system include:
- Saving travel costs when training SFSP sponsors
- Saving staff time
- Improving sponsor compliance
- Sponsors complete the self-directed online trainings at their own pace.
- Sponsors have 24/7 access to the courses and can complete coursework from any location.
- Courses are optimized for mobile devices like smart phones and tablets.
- Child Nutrition program admin’s can easily track all sponsor progress and generate reports
Brighton has been providing online SFSP and CACFP courses to state education agencies like yours for the past 6 years. Our clients include the Pennsylvania Department of Education, Delaware Department of Education, Ohio Department of Education, University of Delaware, Nemours Children’s Hospital and more.
A message from Brighton’s Sue Still…previously, Sue spent the past 36 years as a supervisor at the Pennsylvania Department of Education, Division of Food and Nutrition:
After supervising the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) for the Pennsylvania Department of Education for 15 years, I recognized that the best way to ensure a successful SFSP Summer is to provide the best training possible to the staff members who will be performing the site level tasks.
I am excited to introduce you to an innovative and cost effective way to make that training possible – Online Training from Brighton Training Group.
How does it work?
For an annual licensing fee, your sponsors can log into a branded portal to access SFSP trainings and resources. Examples include:
- Pennsylvania – http://childnutritiontoolbox.
- Delaware – http://depdnow.com
- The SFSP course is interactive, engaging and maximizes program comprehension for sponsors.
- Content has branching, which allows sponsors to tailor the training to their individual needs and eliminates regulation confusion.
- Sponsors complete quizzes that are automatically scored and tracked.
- Sponsors generate a Certificate of Completion on their own once they have successfully completed the course.
We encourage you and your SFSP staff to view our lesson demos:Lesson demos