- 10 tips to get kids asking for more milk
- Today is MyPlate’s Birthday!
Today is MyPlate’s birthday and we want to celebrate this milestone with you! It was exactly 5 years ago today, on June 2, 2011, that MyPlate was first introduced. Coinciding with the release of the 2015 – 2020 Dietary Guidelines, the MyPlate, MyWins initiative is a fresh spin on the way we look at healthy eating. Check out the NEW MyPlate, MyWins: Make it yours mini poster. This latest MyPlate resource is available 3. in English and Spanish.
- Interesting statewide collaborative in MS: Officials from the Agriculture Department, Department of Housing and Urban Development, Magnolia Health and the Mississippi Department of Education Office of Healthy Schools today launched a statewide summer food service program to provide nearly 3 million healthy meals to impoverished areas across the state.
- VA’s School Healthy Initiatives Program (SHIP) is changing the school culture, and creating a culture of health and wellness in our schools
- Show kids why it’s cool to move